27 Mayıs 2013 Pazartesi

ARTICLE REFLECTION 2 - Friends, Good Friends and Such Friends



  In the article "Friends, Good Friends and Such Friends", the writer talks about the types of friends. She divides friends into eight categories and shows the specific features of each category.
 I chose this topic because I have been thinking about the value and place of my friends in my life recently. I have a lot of friends and I always have to make a choice among them because I’m really busy and cannot spare time for each of them. I should make a priority list or something like that.  I should decide who is more important or who is privileged. That’s why I hope this will help me.
I guess I could not get what I wanted from the article because there are some weird things. However, I don’t agree with the writer on some points. 

 
Firstly, I realized that I actually know how to categorize my friendships when reading this article while criticizing. My priorities about a friendship are totally different than hers. I think there are more important things to categorize your friendships. How do you feel when you are with your friend? Do you really love or care about him/her? Can you count on him/her? Can you comfort your sorrows or celebrate your joys when you are together? I believe the answers of these questions can divide your friendships into categories.
Secondly, she divided friendships into 8 groups; however, it was unnecessary to have 8 groups. There are not obvious differences among them. For instance, the first and the second, the fourth and the sixth ones are almost the same. She thinks inside a box about the friendships. 



Finally, I think the writer should have talked regardless of gender issues. I guess the writer is feminist because this article is so women-oriented. She does not even care about the friendship of males. She should have mentioned male friendships. Of course there are some differences between the genders but friendship is a universal thing among people. Even I, being a woman, am disturbed by this manner.  As a result, I think she should have spared some space for men friendships or just talk about the general friendship without pointing out any gender - related tips.
All in all, I do not agree with the writer on the meaning of friendships. This article is far more behind the meaning of a real friendship.
         

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder